Eng. Mohamed Ben Ayad
Chairman of LPTIC.
Become a speaker
Preparation Guidelines for Presentation
PowerPoint is the performed program for presentation slides. Presenters must submit all presentations before the 14th of November 2022.
Presentations style guidelines
The total time assigned for every presentation is 25 minutes:
Fifteen minutes for presenting and 10 minutes for questions and discussions. The author must present when the paper is scheduled to be at the time of the sessiondelivered. A “speaker timer” is used on the podium to
Commercialism in the presentation (Example: references to trade names, companies, product names, etc.) must be avoided. The session chair has the responsibility of stopping the speaker if this occurs. Handouts: handouts are not permitted.
No recording is allowed during the technical session. PowerPoint template: presentations should not be created using their own company templates that include logos or names embedded in the slide.
The company name and logo of the presenter should be only listed once in the presentation slides. It can be included on the title slide. This is to avoid excessive use of company names, logos and trade names.
- Simplicity is key. Below are some recommendations for preparing your presentation
- Fonts and font sizes used for four texts and numbers must be readable in a large presentation room.
- Recommended fonts or sans serif such as Ariel or Helvetica. The minimum font size should be 20 points, (it is not binding to use only these fonts any other font can also be used.)
- Tabulated data: graphs, bar charts, or curves are easier to follow.
- Graphs: no gridlines; on ordinate and abscissa lines, show small hash marks for main units only.
- Identify originate and abscissa parameters simply: for example, I for current, E for voltage, T for time, etc. If you use words, do not exceed one word each. No more than three curves on one slide. Preferably, each curve should be a different color; if black and white, each curve should be different, for example: solid line, line of dashes, line of dots and dashes. Simple identification of each curve.
- A combination of upper and lower case letters is more legible than all caps.
- Use light color lettering against a dark background or vice versa; letters should contrast with the background.